Stop. Take a breath. Realize you are okay, okay?
I was over at Mama Coffee Chat (Ang’s blog) and read that she is doing this 30-day writing challenge. I thought it might be fun.
Living through a pandemic has been an experience – mostly a hunt for basic necessities because people have gone a little overboard and crazy hoarding like they all have OCD.
I live with a son who has off-the-chart OCD. Most have no idea what the real, clinical mental illness is like. It takes over every facet of living and is quite unbearable.
So, please stop buying up every cleaning product on the shelves.
Oh my gosh, that reminds me. I was looking for eggs and they were gone from the shelves and I screamed to the heavens, “WHYYYYYYYYY?” When did hoarding eggs become a “thing?”
And then Grace reminded me that Easter was this weekend. Fudge, I totally forgot there was Easter. That’s why there were no eggs.
I wonder if they are sold out of Paaz egg design kits too?
And that’s that.
And what were we blogging about?
Oh yes, I have almost blogged more political and newsworthy posts because of this pandemic (I think the word is cool – don’t judge). I don’t feel competent enough to write anything substantially helpful to people.
And so, let’s do a “fluff” piece. It was this or me ranting about how Hollywood has ruined every franchise I loved as a child. What Disney has done to Star Wars has left me dead inside.
Also, my most viewed blog post is my rant on the Batwoman CW series, “Batwoman Just Sucks… and Other Stuff.”
So I ask, do you like my ranty posts? Fan posts? More General Hospital? Let me know in the comments. I’d love some input. What should I post more often?
2. Pop Culture Rants
3. Political Rants
4. Or just talking about my plant, Garbanzo. He’s healing nicely, thank you.
And as Phil DeFranco says, “Let’s just jump into it!”
What I am most happy about?
I have to list 10 things that make me really happy? Not partially happy? Maybe a little happy? No, “REALLY” happy.
Okay so here’s my list of the 10 things that make me really happy:
- My kids, knowing they are healthy and happy
- Talking to Grace and seeing her genuinely smile and laugh at my bad jokes – wishing she was with me
- Playing video games with my kids, or spending time with them – I really, truly love hanging out with my kids
- Watching random gamer vids, discussing pop culture, and chatting with my son over life and philosophy
- Staring at clouds and nature – watching it move as I stand still
- Watching a gentle rain
- Watching lightening and listening to thunder, and just watching the clouds move in for a big storm
- Relaxing – I mean with no interruptions and alone and just resting. It’s so nice.
- Playing my guitar and writing music
- Feeling the first breeze and smells of Autumn – knowing the holidays are around the corner
Honestly, this is a lot harder than it looks. If you’ve ever sat quietly for five to fifteen minutes and just sat and listened to your thoughts what would you think of yourself?
I think I am a log – another poem?
Throw me in a random body of water and I will simply float along. If an ocean with crashing waves, I shall ride them out. If a pond, I shall float quietly and enjoy the sun upon my woody grooves. If you send me down a stream, I shall ride the current to wherever it leads. In the end, I feel very out of control in this life I live. For I am a log. No thoughts on the inside, no cares on the outside. For let me ride the current until I rest along the seaside.
Enjoy your searching and seeking! 🙂
Have a great day Gracie! 🙂 ❤